Friday, January 15, 2010

Short Workouts Revisited

Okay, girls, let's get down and dirty.  Yes, I got the vast majority of my results with short workouts.  Usually 15-20 minutes, up to 30 minutes.  (But I think interspersing seasons of long workouts a couple of times a week was important, too).  The promise of "15 minutes" is what drew me to T-Tapp in the first place.  "15 minutes" kept me going through busy days.  I would think "anybody can do 15 minutes."  And of course it was a little more than 15 minutes by the time I changed clothes and brushed, but still, no more than 25 minutes.  Okay, so we've established the fact that I did "15 minutes" a lot.

But does that mean it was easy?  Did I not sweat?  Did I flop through and jump in the shower?  No, no, no, my dears.  I groaned.  I dripped.  I researched form.  I pushed myself.  I worked HARD in that 15 minutes.  True confession:  More than once, when I was still really, really overweight (like 100 pounds), in the middle of the workout I sat down on the edge of the bed and cried a little bit because it was hard.  Then I stood up, pulled up my socks and pushed *play* again. 

So yes, 15 minutes.  Fifteen efficient, effective minutes.  But easy?  Not exactly.  Worth it?  Most definitely.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you for this post, Charlotte. As someone who is getting back into t-tapp, it makes perfect sense. It is in NO way easy, but well worth the rewards. Thank you again!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, My husband used to take me aside and say, "You're making it sound too easy!" after I would talk to someone enthusiastically about T-Tapp. So I thought I'd better inject some reality. :-) Yes, it is doable, but it should be kicking your tucked buns. Fifteen minutes is fabulous, but it should be a go-to-your-max-if-I'm-gonna-do-this-I-wanna-see-results fifteen minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this shot of realism . . . and encouragement to press on! Could you share more about what you did that really made those short workouts so effective? Links to form tips? Or suggestions for taking it up a notch??

    Also, did you brush after "every" workout? What about supplements? What supplements did you take during your weight loss that you feel really made a difference for you? Did you use PG spray? Alfalfa? Perhaps you could approach this topic in a "supplemental" post! :)

    Thanks!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte, you said:

    "True confession: More than once, when I was still really, really overweight (like 100 pounds), in the middle of the workout I sat down on the edge of the bed and cried a little bit because it was hard. Then I stood up, pulled up my socks and pushed *play* again."

    When you were there, still had so far to go, you didn't know how successful you were going to be. What kept you going? Why did you keep on when it was so tough?

    ReplyDelete